Fake Footbal Fan – A human being, who does not know anything about Football or a team they are supporting. But, they will keep talking rubbish about this beautiful game.
When I look at this species of humans or hear them talk, I always wonder that “what went wrong with evolution process”. How this dumb species came into existence ? Most alarming thing about this species is that its number and density is increasing repidly. Especially in India, with the Beautiful Game reaching never-before-seen heights of popularity.
All they do is post about football on Facebook and talk about it in front of other people. Many of them have hardly ever played football or know how to kick football in real life. They just randomly select one of the popular football clubs and start supporting it like crazy. You will always hear them saying “I am a die-hard fan of XYZ Football Club”. You ask them one question about the team, they are talking about and they will become numb or will start giving answers, which are as annoying as this species is. For example – They can’t even name the starting 11 or which players plays at which position.
Why whole world hate this species -
1. They talk about a game without knowing the tactical side of it.
2. They rarely know what competition it is or what is the qualification criteria of this competition.
3. They think that all games which ended in 0-0 or 1-0 are boring games.
4. They can’t name more than 4-5 players of the team. (except star players)
5. They think that star players are the best and most important members of the squad.
6. If a player misses penalty “He is shit”
7. They hardly watch the game for full 90 mins.
8. They think a team that has won has played better and actually deserved to win.
9. They do not know the difference in playing a home and away game.
10. They do not even know their team’s stadium name.
11. There favorite team changes every year, depending upon the league results.
I will end this by giving a definition of a “Die Hard Fan“. Die-hard fans are those that watch every game, and if they can’t watch it, they listen to it on the radio, or follow it on Twitter or on some sports website. Those people that if you were to call them or visit them at this very point in time, provided they are not working, you can bet they are sitting in front of a computer reading stats or reading the paper on an article about their team. That sole person, that when their team loses their face tells the story.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that – Bill Shankly
You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team – Eric Cantona